My Son's Room

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Welcome to My Son's Room


View from the doorway, Easter morning


View from the inside, Easter morning

I have an 18 year old son. This is his room. I am tired of asking, demanding, yelling, bribing, and threatening. Public humiliation is my new strategy. I'll be posting daily photos of his room, along with occasional rants about parenting a teenager who lives like an animal.

Leave me your horrified comments. Advice and rants about your own teenagers also welcome.

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Brian S. Wise said...

Greatest Blog Ever.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Bri McS said...

i am a reformed cleaning and organizationlly challenged teen. i had a militant roommate in college, right after the art major & i lived like hippos in the mudpit for a year, who refused to live with me if i didn't clean up. i now walk the straight and narrow.

my mother's tactic was to disallow air conditioning in the summer if the room was too messy to have the door open. it didn't phase me and taught me a lesson about the almighty box fan. nor did the smell of rotting rowing clothes from 4am practices or an army of ants marching in the stiff bedroom air. i swear, it was militant southern lady roommate that did it. i spent two summers sans a.c. in that room most every night. ha!

my point, this may take a while to work out, but i am proof that it was. you can even go under my bed right this second.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger erin said...

My father's trick. For every day the room is un suitable, One item goes missing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home